Profanity Filter/NSFW

So…should we have something to address this?

I ask because I maybe just posted some notes I had used a word that probably my boss wouldn’t want to see on my computer screen.

Just wondering if this thought has crossed anyone else’s mind.

It might be a good toggle, yeah – I know sometimes I look at this while at the reference desk at the history center, so…

¥£€% that!

A profanity filter is simple enough to tackle, we could put it on the “front end” and check if the user has it off or on. If on, we can apply the filter to the text. But then it really just becomes a mildly explicit madlibs, and I’m not sure if that’s really helping.

A NSFW value is probably the cleanest option, which is just true/false value set when the post is made.

I dunno. If memory serves, our writing comes in thick blocky paragraphs; individual profanities are often difficult to make out among huge blocks of text. I’d think that one would be more concerned that one’s boss walked by and saw something not-work related on the screen at all, let alone the odd profanity :-p

You… browse the web… on a computer? One of those big things people used to use before smart phones?

Some people still use those big things.

In my case because at work, I can’t use my smart phone.

It’s a toss up between my computer, my Chromebook, and my phone. The computer at home, the Chromebook at work, the phone literally everywhere else and sometimes at home/work too.

Mobile devices are now more common to browse the web then desktop as of late last year. Taking this into account with the new build…which is soooooooo slowly creeping forward.