Moving Forward: Moogle Club

Its pretty rad to see everyone on at once and discussing things!

It would be good to start to break out some ideas into separate threads at this point. Right now I see we’re growing our ideas into different entities, which is great.

For this site in general–this is what I’m thinking:

1. We keep Moogle Club up and running as just a hub for communicating to each other about anything that’s not directly Kupopolis related–games, activites, life, what we’re up to, what we’d like to be doing. Most of you guys I’ve known longer than many of my best friends, are you’re all special to me. As we get older it get difficult to keep friendships going, and I think some of us could benefit from having an online social club top check in on from time to time.

2. Eventually I kinda want to theme the site to look like Cheers, but with moogles.

3. My original plan was to keep registration open for a two weeks, and then start hiding the registration button, add a captcha, and make most of the forums only accessible to “founding members”. I kinda want to stick to that too.

4. Not a big fan of the forum software, it totally feels antiquated to me. Maybe address that somehow.

Your thoughts…?

I’m only saying this now because no one’s said it yet on the boards: we’ve officially come full-circle, from AOL Moogle Club, to the moogle.club domain. Well done, Kupopolis.

1. Well, as we saw with the Yahoo group, having persistent and reliable means of communicating between all of us is, in general, a good idea. The Yahoo group will still be there, as long as Yahoo manages to remain relevant, and this board’s existence is a further way to ensure we don’t all lose touch.

2. … Where everybody knows your screenname?

3. Looking at the member list, I think we’re all here minus only a few people. Two weeks should be more than enough time to round up any stragglers.

4. Again, I’m not a techie. The site works, all the buttons function as I expect, and there’s a spot for me to type in the words that express my thoughts. I’m easy to please, but I won’t stop you from tinkering if you need to.

[quote=“michael”]Its pretty rad to see everyone on at once and discussing things!

It would be good to start to break out some ideas into separate threads at this point. Right now I see we’re growing our ideas into different entities, which is great.

For this site in general–this is what I’m thinking:

1. We keep Moogle Club up and running as just a hub for communicating to each other about anything that’s not directly Kupopolis related–games, activites, life, what we’re up to, what we’d like to be doing. Most of you guys I’ve known longer than many of my best friends, are you’re all special to me. As we get older it get difficult to keep friendships going, and I think some of us could benefit from having an online social club top check in on from time to time.

2. Eventually I kinda want to theme the site to look like Cheers, but with moogles.

3. My original plan was to keep registration open for a two weeks, and then start hiding the registration button, add a captcha, and make most of the forums only accessible to “founding members”. I kinda want to stick to that too.

4. Not a big fan of the forum software, it totally feels antiquated to me. Maybe address that somehow.

Your thoughts…?[/quote]

I like that idea; Moogle Club can be the hub, since it sounds like we want to be open to multiple ISes and – well, hell, a place outside of the story boards feels like a good idea. These forums are cool with me; if you wanna update them, Mike, totally feel free. There might be better out there. I like the idea for the look.

We might also wanna look at a thread for discussing the particulars of proposed projects, too – like reviving Kupop, new stories, etc.

I love how this is the only thing that everyone is like ‘yup!’ And moved on. :smiley:

I hate it. :smiling_imp: