Kupopolis in 2018

Hey Guys!

With the year starting to wind down, I’m starting to look at 2018 and what I’d like to do with Kupopolis.

What are your guy’s thoughts/resolutions?

The last few years I’ve been trying to push to make a new Kupop board, had about 5-6 false starts, but Dustin was 100% right, it takes a group of people to do that, and we don’t have that big of a community. At best I think I’ll integrate the wiki more and making a landing hub for the “Interactive Projects” forums.

Writing wise, I’m actually happy because I wrote a short story about a Hyrule setting reboot, and I like some of the characters that have grown out of that. Gonna post that this weekend I hope. Also excited to work on a “City of Heroes” story and I have Gaiden plot arc Prologue almost completed. I’m debating if I want to tweak it to be more cannon or just branch off into a Kupop alternate universe spinoff.

Also, I’m thinking of making a VR game!

I hear you! Honestly, if we stick with the forum at moogle.club, I’m happy.

I’m hoping to write more in 2018; I have a few ideas – I wouldn’t mind looking at launching a bit more of the cooperative, interactive post-White Cell plot lines we discussed then, too. I have some ideas there. But, plenty of ideas for earlier, too? I’ve gotten more used to working full time and fallen into a good rhythm.

I’m eager to see what y’all got and catch up with my Kupop reading over Thanksgiving. I have to catch a couple episodes of the last City of Heroes posts, too.

The VR game sounds cool!

There are three episodes left to City of Heroes season 1, and the lion’s share of the remainder is written. (…just not in the necessary order to post it, if that makes sense!?)

I think in retrospect launching White Cell and CoH at the same time was a bit much.

I do like the idea of doing something a little more open-ended and interactive. I like CoH a lot, but it does involve more planning and it doesn’t quite have the same spontaneity. That said, I’m not sure if we want to continue in this more character-focused vein or go back to the grand Kupopolitic of old.

I’ve been busy recently because I’ve been moving to another city in China, but as soon as that’s settled and I’m fully unpacked I’ll have more time.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be fun to do something post-White Cell?

Maybe start it small, and leave room so it can grow and go in weird/additional places.

Well, here’s a big question for any possible future story projects – do we want to be more adventure-y, or more political-y?

I mean, I’ll be happy if I never write another cabinet meeting again…but Kupopolis’s rich and detailed history and Game of Thrones-esque political intrigue are some of the story’s greatest assets. So I dunno.

I lean adventure but let’s not say never?

I think the ideal would be we get political when it furthers the adventure or when one of us just wants to write that.

Sounds about right to me - I think the focus should be adventure, but we can dip into political stuff when it serves the story.

Yeah. For instance, if we wanted a country acting as an antagonist, awesome!

[quote=Tex post_id=1300 time=1512085840 user_id=50]
Yeah. For instance, if we wanted a country acting as an antagonist, awesome!
[/quote]

Or, if I ever get Asgar off the ground, a megacorp.

[quote=Jay2K post_id=1301 time=1512167096 user_id=52]
Or, if I ever get Asgar off the ground, a megacorp.
[/quote]

Or maybe start with an Asgar funded space race team for the space race idea? I think that could be a cool launching point.

I was actually thinking about that.

We could start with the space race – then keep it going. Like, use it as a way to introduce characters, and then trace where they go from there (I.E., don’t stop writing at the end of the race). It’s a good event to bring a lot of stories together.

[quote=Tex post_id=1303 time=1512318965 user_id=50]
We could start with the space race – then keep it going. Like, use it as a way to introduce characters, and then trace where they go from there (I.E., don’t stop writing at the end of the race). It’s a good event to bring a lot of stories together.
[/quote]

I think a good start to 2018 would be to brainstorm this and then solidify a bit more! Maybe set it up to add new locations --asgar dimension, maybe fold Avalon into the mix, more space colonies, more planets, kind of build out an expanded universe? I really dig the idea of moving forward with more adventure and less politics.

Yeah, that sounds good. We could do a few approaches; one might be doing a thread to lay out some ideas and early pitches.

Another might be… a powwow. Though that could be hard. But we do have Slack for it!

[quote=Tex post_id=1309 time=1514940819 user_id=50]
Yeah, that sounds good. We could do a few approaches; one might be doing a thread to lay out some ideas and early pitches.

Another might be… a powwow. Though that could be hard. But we do have Slack for it!
[/quote]

so I like the idea of a powwow (words I never thought I’d say.)

Obviously the timing is challenging (I’m still in China!).

But lots of people seem to like this space race idea, so it seems like a good thing to move forward on.

Amen! Have we heard from Matt? Any idea if he’s down?

What time works best for you Trav?