Happy Raineremass!

This is Jay, wishing you all Happy Holidays in defiance of Trump Edict.

You too!

Anyone do anything exciting? I basically played the FF4 sequel all weekend.

Nothing really exciting. Sis and her Jewish husband came by with their dog. Had lasagna on the Eve. Xmas Day we had cinnamon rolls while opening gifts, then latkes, bacon, and scrambled eggs for brunch, and lil’ smokies and cheese dip in the early evening. When dinner came along, Mom and Dad were tired and Sis was not feeling well, so we decided to, as Mr. Sis put it, “Have a Jewish Christmas,” and got Chinese takeout.

Wow, what a coincidence! I had Chinese food on Christmas, too!

Having a Skype with Travis right now, must share this quote.

We were talking about the posts in this thread, and then talked about Jewish Christmas, and then there was a somber pause, after which, Travis said meaningfully: “I miss Jewish people.”

(because he is in China, just to make that clear)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Ahahahahahaha, A+.

I ate baked ziti. Then I went to an anime con.

Life’s pretty good.

…except the part where my cat died, that really sucked. (He was nineteen so it wasn’t shocking.)

[quote=“Tex”]Then I went to an anime con.
[/quote]
As it happens, I’m going to a con tomorrow. MAGFest 2017, a music/gaming con in National Harbor.

Because I’m a nerd, I’m also cosplaying. Because I’m a wrestling nerd, two of my cosplays are wrestlers. (Bubba Ray Dudley and Pentagon Jr) The third cosplay is of obscure character Dr. W.D. Gaster from Undertale.

[quote=“Tex”]Ahahahahahaha, A+.

I ate baked ziti. Then I went to an anime con.

Life’s pretty good.

…except the part where my cat died, that really sucked. (He was nineteen so it wasn’t shocking.)[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your cat, man. My dog (aged 14) died days before X-Mas. Took the steam out of everything from then on. I’m only just now getting around to baking the traditional Hoffman family Christmas cookies. They will salve the pain of my loss. With frosting.

So, as a Kupopolian aside:

I introduced Raineremass in-story because I wanted some holidays, such a commercial holiday as Christmas should be Tasnican, and Santa Claus was in Secret of Mana (remember when he fought Manta?)

In later years I started to feel like we really shouldn’t necessarily equate Rainericism with Christianity exactly, and I kinda wonder if Raineremass undermined that. (I also went through a big phase of actually trying to develop Web religions as actual religions, rather than just mythologies, which is actually kinda hard to do.) I’ve always noticed that the Web has a high proportion of atheists, which kinda makes sense given that in the setting there were at one point walking, talking gods but they all got kicked out.

Aw man. I’m sorry to hear about your dog. That’s never easy. Enjoy that frosting!

And yeah, I always liked that – the way having gods you could meet led to an absence of belief. They could just seem less divine and wonderful.

Aw man. I’m sorry to hear about your dog. That’s never easy. Enjoy that frosting!

And yeah, I always liked that – the way having gods you could meet led to an absence of belief. They could just seem less divine and wonderful.