Board Issues

Anyone else have posts looking strange on the board?

Huge HTML chunks ahead of the threads, blank posts in thread, that kind of thing?

Afraid not. Not on my phone; I’ll check desktop tonight.

Not every post has this problem…the threads I’ve noticed it most with are the post-White Cell Crystal one and the Albrook one (both with links to the wiki, which I can’t get to now from my work computer. Maybe the Great Firewall has decided I can’t wiki anymore?)

I occasionally try to sneak in some wiki-ing during slow times at work. I dunno why I felt compelled to design a bunch of fighter jets all of a sudden.

Trying to run an update this weekend to see if it helps. Having a few issues because our host, once great a decade ago, now kinda sucks.

Went ahead and migrated us from PHPBB 3.1.x to 3.2.x. I think that will fix some of our problems?

The migration killed our theme though as it wasn’t supported in 3.2. So Sorry if it looks default/not the same.

Appears to have fixed most of my issues.

And as to the theme…well, as long as the beatific visage of the Black Marker Moogle presides, all is well.

Black Marker Moogle’s in his kingdom and all’s right with the world.

For some reason on iOS, I can only see the top three boards. Any way to fix that?

[quote=Tex post_id=1157 time=1488342360 user_id=50]
For some reason on iOS, I can only see the top three boards. Any way to fix that?
[/quote]

Are you logged in?

The story boards are hidden if you’re not logged in.

I was actually thinking of suggesting we change that…there’s a couple people who I might like to show the story to, but they might consider going through the effort of creating a username too much of a pain in the ass. Surely we can share our stories with all the world!

That did it. Thanks!

[quote=Celiose post_id=1173 time=1489168526 user_id=56]
I was actually thinking of suggesting we change that…there’s a couple people who I might like to show the story to, but they might consider going through the effort of creating a username too much of a pain in the ass. Surely we can share our stories with all the world!
[/quote]

I’m down to change it however you guys want. I think the ones not in favor of making stories public are not writing anyway.

Make the story public. Let the world see our genius!

…it’s kind of funny, way back in 1995 I regarded writing about video game worlds at war – ON THE INTERNET-- something secretive, to be ashamed. But now, in 2017, it’s not even close to the weirdest thing people do on the internet. (I mean, it’s probably not even the dorkiest thing I’ve done, as a former hardcore WoW raider, avid tabletop wargamer, comic book fan, and all around nerd’s nerd.)

Agreed. No reason not to; I’m not holding my breath on recruiting new writers but hey.

[quote=Celiose post_id=1182 time=1489484755 user_id=56]
Make the story public. Let the world see our genius!

…it’s kind of funny, way back in 1995 I regarded writing about video game worlds at war – ON THE INTERNET-- something secretive, to be ashamed. But now, in 2017, it’s not even close to the weirdest thing people do on the internet. (I mean, it’s probably not even the dorkiest thing I’ve done, as a former hardcore WoW raider, avid tabletop wargamer, comic book fan, and all around nerd’s nerd.)
[/quote]

Not to make too big a fuss on this, but since with CoH almost done I would kinda like to show some people, and it’s easier if they don’t need to faff about with a log-in.