The Heist!

Okay! I did a first post. Here is my suggestion:

Someone else do the next, setting what the first item is, and we round-robin a little. Introduce the people at the auction, before everything begins. Have characters bump into each other! And, generally, try to end a post with something for the next person to put up a thing.

Here’s who I have there, if you want to use them:

• Lera Casterian: a Phoenix Knight (and secretly a half-esper, though I plan to make that reveal to her take awhile), daughter of the Seraphim pilot from Avalon. She is generally friendly, charismatic, and dutiful. She has a bit of hero worship for Guardian Knights; she also trained with Fara (pre-White Cell).
  • Caldus Agaro: a Phoenix Knight, the rightful monarch of the Kingdom of Figaro (which he doesn’t claim). He grew up in Kupopolis; he returned to the Esper Union around the age of 15. He’s taciturn, has a dry sense of humor, but means well.
  • Teddy Halberg: grandson of T.O. Halberg and daughter of Alice. He seems to be a spoiled 14 year-old. He is actually a brilliant detective, and is totally here because he figured out that the Neo-Returners are going to steal something and wanted two Phoenix Knights on hand to handle it.
  • Kupello: A militiaman and moogle from Avalon. He left Avalon after White Cell; he’s one of Owzer’s Guards. He is loyal and dedicated, but haunted by most of his friends dying.

Does anyone wanna take the next one?

I can probably do something soon, if only to introduce some characters – I remember my Big Plot kinda clearly, but I’m a bit hazy on the details of what was going to happen at this particular moment. I’m sure I can figure something out.

I’m actually back working in-center, though.

Cool! No worries, no rush. I know I’d be doing most of my writing on weekends. I’m in one day a week right now.

How’s life back at work?

Busy?

Everyone wants to know – to the day-- how long I’ve been in-country, though.

I once related an anecdote about going back to America for my friend’s wedding, and they were freaking the fuck out until I clarified that this was over a year ago.

Oh man, I can imagine. There is an irony in, uh, people in China freaking out over American visitors bringing coronavirus with them.

Like, I remember when it was the reverse, in February. This thing changes fast.

I started on a post, it is about a third done. Aiming for 2-3 pages of just intro stuff.

My Dudes:

• Anu Foster: a centuries-old vampire living in the Demon Quarter of Kupopolis whos is at the auction for actually wanting to participate int he auction. He collects powerful relics and claims to have had a friendly rivalry with Praxer over possession of universe-altering items. (Moving Forward to Kupop I want to lean into its wackiness more and have more diverse characters.)
  • The Kupopolis Knight: Seems to be a fancy dressed man in a Mask, also looking to auction. He seems to be a protege of Clay Reynolds of some sort. He wears a seraphim black-ops seraphim armor, sort of like the Sheild’s but for stealth, underneath his suit. So abilities wise: augmented strength, the traditional seraphim plastic defense against physical attacks, camouflage. Think a young Green Hornet but with a shiny plastic mask. He seems to be very early 20’s.

Looking at the Black Knight character, it may be fun to set up a rivalry between the two knights.

I’m down! Just to be sure I understood right: do you mean Caldus?

I mean Matt’s character from his post up the thread form like a year ago, “The Black Knight”. But we can have a Kight Battle Royal, or a rivalry triangle, that sounds like fun too.

I’m bad at messages!!

KNIGHT WAR 2020