Kupop Yearly Zine?

Man, if… we could somehow do a graphic that represents – maybe isn’t, strictly, the appearance of but represents (in- and out-of-story) – the Web of Worlds, that would be cool.

Matt has a shit-ton of old maps, graphics, and such, DON’T YOU, MATT!?

Matt and I used to play City of Heroes (the MMORPG), and we used the costume creator (now available offline) to create versions of most of our characters. They look pretty video-gamey circa 2004, which I think…kinda fits really well somehow? I have a bunch of these, I’ll send them to you when I get my computer set up again. Some of them turned out better than others – Fara looks pretty good, but I couldn’t get decent Brunhilde braids for Roxanne, and I was debating exactly how thicc Violante should be. (…because this thing is a real rabbit hole.)

Matt has used the costume creator for our DnD sessions in the past, I’m familiar with how cool the characters can look. I’d love to toss in some screen shoots of the characters to break up the dozens of black and white two column pages.

Ideally I’m still looking for a late December release, so sometime in the next few weeks would be great. :smiley:

I have some CoH images thanks to Trav, but I was also wondering if anyone would want to design some character using hero forge? https://www.heroforge.com/

Here’s an example of a quick pass at a Young Hannibal:

Still aiming to get this done by the end of the year! Any extras you guys want to contribute would be helpful.

Mike

Oooh, Hero Forge is fun.

Hey! So what ever came of this? Did we get a 'zine out?

You know, I was thinking about this… if we’d had a 'zine back when we would do annual Figgies, it would have made sense to publish Figgy winners (the way we would re-post old posts that showcased “best character” winners, or best posts or best whatever-elses).

We could also publish past IW winners that we think are cool.

Also, yes, I have maps and a lot of saved art and things. I dunno why I didn’t chime in sooner, but it was probably because I was being haunted by three spirits who wanted to show me the error of my ways becaue I hadn’t finished Episode 10 yet.

I have a working copy on my computer, but I want to toss in more art, and I have zero art for Jay’s story before showing you guys to get some editing eyes on it before sending it to magcloud. Still want to get this done ASAP.

I’m struggling to think of what kind of art to use for Making Your Name, but I’ll work on that as soon as I can.