Don't get coronavirus

Oh hey, I think I missed an update… I thought you were in west Texas.

Also if you leave Texas we wouldn’t be able to call you Tex anymore. We’d have to call you like, for example, Dakota, or whatever.

My accent will assure I remain Tex for the rest of my life.

And nope, I am in Austin! It’s pretty cool. Great tacos.

I liked Austin. Felt like if Chicago and San Diego had a baby and fed it only stake. Can confirm on the tacos.

If you visited recently I’m gonna be sad I missed you!

It was like… 2-3 years ago?

I convinced a friend to take a train from LA to Austin just to have barbecue. Left on a Thursday night got home on a Sunday evening. We spent twice as long as the train then in Austin. Also, our tried and true way of making friends quick by sharing our nice liquor backfired, as we were unaware that many train passengers these days are ex cons. One fellow pulled out a knife and stabbed the dinner car table when he explained how he survived prison to us. Good times.

…I’m going to relate that story, Mike, next time someone says “Why doesn’t America have high-speed rail?”

…I mean, it’s America is not very densely populated, rail is stupid expensive to build and operate, and culturally Americans just like cars, but your story is funnier.

That’s amazing. Please tell me that happened in Texas, Mike.

Also you chose well for barbecue.

…Somewhere between El Paso and San Antonio. Took the Texas Eagle train. We upgraded to a private room on the way back. Trains are fun, but never ever ride coach unless its a commuter train.

Hey so regarding topics in this thread:

My county opened the beaches on the first for some dumb reason, and people immediately decided that meant the threat is over and to start partying. Causing grief between my sister and her family (who are out partying on their boat, hanging with friends on the beach, etc) and my parents, who are trying to be careful.

My life hasn’t changed at all because I’ve been working from home for like a decade. Had my contract reduced starting this month, which kind of sucks, but I’ve also been burning the candle at both ends for almost a year now and could really use a break.

Like some of you, I also play FFXIV, and I will just chip in the Shadowbringers was fantastic. I liked parts of Heavensward more (traveling with estinien, ysale and alphinaud was fantastic, horsefarts is my bff forever etc), but holy shit shadowbringers stepped things up about ten notches.

Dustin and I are on Ultros (Primal). I haven’t had as much time to play in the last year as I’d like, but our FC is finally getting around to tackling ex primals and other more challenging content (I haven’t kept up with current difficult stuff since final coil)

I wish I had time to hang out on mike’s minecraft server. I joined once, but I’ve just been swamped with work lately.

That’s rough, dude! I’m amazed they opened the beaches. I’m hoping everyone stays safe!

I oughta get back to FFXIV. Maybe I’ll look at coming over to your server, my FC leader uhhhh literally died and I gather the FC fell apart? When I resub anyways. (I have a long list of games to chip away at.)

Sorry to hear about your FC leader.

We’d be glad to have you though, or even just play together sometime in cross-world. Right now dustin, cris (he participated in a few iron writers, don’t know if anyone remembers him) and I have an FC that I’m nominally the lead of. Pretty chill, about 10 active players and we try to get together at least once a week to run stuff.

I didn’t know her super well but it was a bit of a shock. Friend of a friend of a friend type of thing.

That’d be cool! Whenever I resub, I’ll hit y’all up.

It feels like Kupop people now exist in two or three separate worlds: them what played FFXIV, and then what played WoW.

So how’s everyone’s stockpiles of toilet paper holding up? I think I have enough to wipe my way through another couple months of hunkering down, but if I change up my diet a little I could potentially go a year. (pun intended!)

…if it’s really bad, I can send you a care package, Matt.

I think I can ROLL with it.

Hey, I played WoW too! Through uh… Wrath, and I did a little into Cata. No real dislike for it, I just moved on.

We finally got toilet paper back in stock.